Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My Childhood Memoirs (Part II)

Doordarshan Days

This post will be nostalgic for those people who used to watch Doordarshan in their childhood days and still remember the old Mile Sur Mera Tumhara and all those Doordarshan programmes. Ya i did. When i get to hear those old song my mind goes back to those days 12-15 years back, when we had only one channel Doordarshan and hardly of 12 hours of telecast per day. The telecast of programme used to start with the RED Doordarshan logo filling the whole television screen. There where programmes like Ramayan, Mahabharath, Circus, Malgudi days, Chitrahaar, Buniyaad, Hum Log, Udaan, Fauji, Surabhi... The news for the hearing impaired, even "Street Hawk" Some of my best childhood programs were.. "Turning Point" and "Bharat Kee Khoj" (with Nehru narrating) and ofcourse how can I forget my best ever ... "Surabhi".. I remember sending those answers to swaal jawab answers in postcard and waiting for sidharth Kak or Renuka sahani to pick my card from those huge heap of postcards. I miss all that !!

Children’s series like Hi-Man, Spiderman, Vikram-Vetaal.

Advertisements of Nirma, Kayam Churen, Rooh Afza, Rasna ( I Love You Rasana!!). lots more

National integration programme like “ek anak aur ekta” cartoon, Mile Sur Mera tumhara.

Some Links here:
Mile Sur Mera Tumhara song : Here
ek anak aur ekta Video : Here
Bharat_Ek_Khoj title song : Here

For Those who don’t know about Doordarshan : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doordarshan

PS: Do any one remember a Chinese/Japanese program, dubbed into Hindi which used to be shown on Doordarshan in the afternoons. A story of a young girl.???

tag : Doordarshan,Ramayan, Mahabharath, Circus, Malgudi days, Chitrahaar, Buniyaad, Hum Log, Udaan, Fauji, Surabhi, Bharat Kee Khoj, renuka sahani,sidharth Kak

9 comments:

Thanu said...

Its Oshin . We used to love that show as kids.

sainathkm said...

Thanks thanu..

CyberRowdy(Q8TechDrive) said...

but they removed the sathyam sivam sundaram slogan eh? why? is it coz its......sai...ohh good old days of DD...those songs..surabhi...mahabharath...raamayan...etc etc....

Arun R said...

My first memories of DD was when it was aired for 3-4 hours in the evening only.

The language was Hindi, and as a 4 year old, I was all inquisitive.

I still remember the address of the "Gumshuda Talaash Kendra"... the one where they show pictures of people who are lost!!!

That should have been the first few words of Hindi in my life.

Anand Sawkar said...

it is a cool one

Just a human said...

hey man,

like your blog.

a few months ago, I posted a couple on my memories of an American Catholic boy in the 60s.

Ck it out for some cross-cultural fun.

http://awareness101.blogspot.com/2006/02/60s-part-i-memories-of-american.html

I love all those Indian musical movies. You guys can groove, that's for sure.

www.BarodaNaukri.com said...

hello Sainath K.M

Thanks for sharing such a great memories which we all are remember forever.

Bye.
pravitpatel@yahoo.com

take-it-easy said...

hey i m looking for that Doordharshan tune (90s) it so nice i just love it pls pls if any one of u got it just send me pls

Blogger said...

I am looking for the old doordarshan intro tune/video... IF anybody has it please please please email it to ankeet1 at yahoo dot com!!